Ensage is hilariously lacking in everything

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

ComplexRed

ComplexRed

Advanced Member

• Subscriber
  • 62 posts

Take a look at the assembly database. Still does not have an entry for PitLord or MonkeyKing. Development is basically dead with half of current assemblies being broken due to updates, and people not making assemblies. Not to mention that it was switched to paid which only further hurt development. Why even bother having Ensage if a site that makes hundreds of thousands per year can't put any time into it. You'd think they would encourage development here with all the money they are rolling in, but apparently that's impossible so we'll have to stick to having 3 developers. 

Edited by ComplexRed, 11 January 2017 - 09:10 AM.

Orca

Orca

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

+1

Constant crashing won't help either. 

Theyodj445

Theyodj445

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 452 posts

A few people got contributor status for their Ensage assemblies and they still actively maintain the ones they made. It's a matter of how many people come here to subscribe and how many of those people come here to develop. Development for Ensage is extremely easy since it uses C#, which is one of the easiest languages to learn especially since you have IntelliSense in Visual Studio which basically autocompletes methods and variables.

Only PM me using private key: https://judge2020.com/key/

Asmodeus

Asmodeus

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • LocationLand of Ooo

A few people got contributor status for their Ensage assemblies and they still actively maintain the ones they made. It's a matter of how many people come here to subscribe and how many of those people come here to develop. Development for Ensage is extremely easy since it uses C#, which is one of the easiest languages to learn especially since you have IntelliSense in Visual Studio which basically autocompletes methods and variables.

Doesn't really answer the lack of development for Ensage, or anything TS has brought up.

ewIm1oq.gif

gacon

gacon

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 465 posts

Development for .... is extremely easy since .... which is one of the easiest .... especially since you have ..... which basically autocompletes .............

I feel like the work of development is so cheap, anyone can do it and I wasted my life to be come an experienced developer after reading this.

Anyone can be a l33t ========> http://www.hackertyper.com/

-----

But on the bright side, I dont understand how (and why) do we need an assembly for Pitlord / MK ? Basically those hero's skill cooldown are pretty long and there is no point of automated them.

Pitlord skill cooldown: 12 / 20 / N/A / 110

MK skill cooldown: 25 / 1.4* / N/A / 70 / 25

1.4*: not included leap cooldown, which can range between 1.5 to 2.8 based on distance (which mean if you always travel in long distance, it will be roughly 3 sec)

Edited by gacon, 11 January 2017 - 08:22 PM.

1808877368_feelsbadman.png to pay website traffic for these lies

Theyodj445

Theyodj445

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 452 posts

I worded it that way because with C# you're given a powerful IDE which does a lot of work for you. It takes much more time if you were writing purely with a text editor and building with msbuild. 

I feel like the work of development is so cheap, anyone can do it and I wasted my life to be come an experienced developer after reading this.

Anyone can be a l33t ========> http://www.hackertyper.com/

-----

But on the bright side, I dont understand how (and why) do we need an assembly for Pitlord / MK ? Basically those hero's skill cooldown are pretty long and there is no point of automated them.

Pitlord skill cooldown: 12 / 20 / N/A / 110

MK skill cooldown: 25 / 1.4* / N/A / 70 / 25

1.4*: not included leap cooldown, which can range between 1.5 to 2.8 based on distance (which mean if you always travel in long distance, it will be roughly 3 sec)

Orca

Orca

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

I agree, you don't really need a PitLord script or MK Script. 

Just a script that runs item on any heroes (which is what ZAIO does or previously #ability) on heroes that doesn't need combo-ish type or long CD.

I just feel like scripts should be a tad better or improving just as what the LoL community does. 

ComplexRed

ComplexRed

Advanced Member

• Subscriber
  • 62 posts

I agree, you don't really need a PitLord script or MK Script. 

Just a script that runs item on any heroes (which is what ZAIO does or previously #ability) on heroes that doesn't need combo-ish type or long CD.

I just feel like scripts should be a tad better or improving just as what the LoL community does. 

The issue is they don't even have an entry in the database. Literally they didn't spend the 30 seconds setting up a new entry. Still no universal orbwalker or last hit methods.

deadshotninja

deadshotninja

Advanced Member

• Subscriber
  • 90 posts
What you mean by "didn't have entry in database"?

JBFws4F.jpg

gacon

gacon

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 465 posts

I worded it that way because with C# you're given a powerful IDE which does a lot of work for you. It takes much more time if you were writing purely with a text editor and building with msbuild.

Try Jetbrains IDE family.They dont have C# yet, but Python / PHP is pretty much insane. Even Google fork a version for their own and it's Android IDE.

Powerful IDE only helps you like a tool. It can't replace your mind and idea. IDE only helps you on the automation part (which helps human improve their coding instead of travelling around and managing file / code / refactoring / ...)

What you mean by "didn't have entry in database"?

The assembly champions 

https://www.joduska....b&tab=champions

Still no universal orbwalker or last hit methods.

Dota != LoL, In LoL you don't have turn rate, but in Dota there is a huge problem with turn rate and that's why there is no such thing as orbwalker in dota, except the Moones's orbwalk, which depends on hero with orb skill and they can't shoot backward

Edited by gacon, 13 January 2017 - 02:29 PM.

Theyodj445

Theyodj445

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 452 posts

I agree, you still have to learn the language and figure out the logic for the code itself.

By the way: I'm already heavily invested into the JetBrains tools. I was able to get an EDU email from my cousin so I have an educational license.

They do now have "Rider" which is a C# IDE but I'm sticking to ReSharper for now.

IOQjBBw.png

Try Jetbrains IDE family.They dont have C# yet, but Python / PHP is pretty much insane. Even Google fork a version for their own and it's Android IDE.

Powerful IDE only helps you like a tool. It can't replace your mind and idea. IDE only helps you on the automation part (which helps human improve their coding instead of travelling around and managing file / code / refactoring / ...)

Edited by Theyodj445, 13 January 2017 - 03:03 PM.

Nechrito

Nechrito

Advanced Member

• Challenjour
  • 1481 posts

Hm :wasntme:

Q6o2Bvn.png

Paypal: https://www.paypal.me/nechrito

Spoiler

ComplexRed

ComplexRed

Advanced Member

• Subscriber
  • 62 posts

The assembly champions 

https://www.joduska....b&tab=champions

Dota != LoL, In LoL you don't have turn rate, but in Dota there is a huge problem with turn rate and that's why there is no such thing as orbwalker in dota, except the Moones's orbwalk, which depends on hero with orb skill and they can't shoot backward

Using turn rate for an excuse is retarded. Just add the turn rate into your calculations and ya know turn the hero.

gacon

gacon

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 465 posts

Using turn rate for an excuse is retarded. Just add the turn rate into your calculations and ya know turn the hero.

Those people like you, there is a quote for it: "It's easier to be said than done" ==> make it for yourself and then you probably be popular in the community. Simply because you can do the impossible. (Or you are just wasting your time because in Dota 2, turn rate combine with attack animation make orbwalk completely useless)

There is more other useful thing in dota and that is unique to LoL, Example: rapier auto disassembly / auto assembly (sniper, kunkka, ember). You are just trying to copy LoL assemblies to Dota and not considering the game play mechanics between 2 games

Edited by gacon, 15 January 2017 - 11:12 AM.